This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OLD HALL STABLES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD HALL STABLES

List entry Number: 1131428

Location

OLD HALL STABLES, THE GREEN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Burton-cum-Walden

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

Grade: II

Date first listed: 06-Apr-1988

Date of most recent amendment: 09-Dec-1988

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 322501

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for BURTON-CUM-WALDEN THE GREEN SE 0086-0186 (South-east-side) West Burton 13/20 The Barn

The address shall be amended to read

SE 0086-0186 BURTON-CUM-WALDEN THE GREEN (South-east-side) West Burton 13/20 Old Hall Stables

------------------------------------

BURTON-CUM-WALDEN THE GREEN SE 0086-0186 (south-east side) West Burton 13/20 The Barn GV II

Coach-house, now house. Mid C18, but possibly incorporating a building of 1707. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 6 bays. Quoins. On ground floor, in third and fourth bays, ashlar surround to segmental-arched carriage opening, now forming recessed porch; between first and second, fifth and sixth bays, round-arched doorcases, now windows, with keyed ashlar surrounds with impost blocks; sash windows with glazing bars in ashlar surrounds. First floor: ashlar surrounds to smaller casement windows. Shaped kneelers, ashlar coping. Weather-vane on finial at left gable end; stack at right end. Rear: on first-floor at extreme right, chamfered quoined surround to doorway, now glazed, has recessed panel with raised characters "FEB 1707". Left return: triangular pigeoncote in gable; above, on base of weather-vane finial, inscription "THIS WEATHERVANE FORMED PART OF THE MARKET CROSS FROM 1820 TO 1889".

Listing NGR: SE0165686517

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 01656 86517

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131428 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 11:11:16.

End of official listing