CHIMNEY AND FLUE APPROXIMATELY 150 METRES SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST OF COTE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131431

Date first listed: 06-Apr-1988

Statutory Address: CHIMNEY AND FLUE APPROXIMATELY 150 METRES SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST OF COTE FARMHOUSE, THUPTON GILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHIMNEY AND FLUE APPROXIMATELY 150 METRES SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST OF COTE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131431 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 10:13:47.

Location

Statutory Address: CHIMNEY AND FLUE APPROXIMATELY 150 METRES SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST OF COTE FARMHOUSE, THUPTON GILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Burton-cum-Walden

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SE 01901 85409

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BURTON-CUM-WALDEN THUPTON GILL ROAD SE 0085-0185 (south side) 15/28 Chimney and flue approximately 150 metres south-south-west of Cote Farmhouse - II

Chimney and flue. Rebuilt 1847. Rubble. Chimney square in plan, approximately 1.75 metres wide, tapering slightly in elevation, and standing approximately 6 metres high, also leaning slightly. Running south-west from chimney, flue approximately 500mm wide internally, barrel vaulted at junction with chimney, formerly with slab covering for rest of length. Served the water-powered Burton lead smelting mill which ceased operation in 1870, and some rubble from which lies near Whiterow Road. Arthur Raistrick, The Lead Industry of Wensleydale and Swaledale, Vol 2. The Smelting Mills,f 1975, pp 48-9.

Listing NGR: SE0190185409

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 322509

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Raistrick, A, The Lead Industry of Swaledale and Wensleydale: The Mines, (1975), 48 49

End of official listing