This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STUDDAH FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STUDDAH FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1131471

Location

STUDDAH FARMHOUSE, BARDEN LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Constable Burton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Jan-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 322400

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CONSTABLE BURTON BARDEN LANE SE 19 SW (west side)

2/7 Studdah Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse. Possibly C16 with later alterations and early C19 extension. Rubble sandstone, stone slate roofs. 2 storeys, 3 first-floor windows, with later cross wing to right. Main range: rubble interspersed with courses of slate. Plinth. First-floor quoins. Central board door in chamfered surround with segmental-arched head and hoodmould, with head on left stop and (?)sheep's head on right stop. To left, 8-pane sash window in chamfered surround. The original range seems to have extended further left. Straight joint to right of door which shows that building has been raised in height. Blocked doorway with timber lintel to right of straight joint. Other windows C20 casements. Ashlar coping to left, roof hipped to right. End stacks. Added projecting range to right: coursed stone. Quoins. On each floor a 16-pane sash window in raised ashlar surround with deeper lintel. Hipped roof. Right return of added range: 3 bays. Quoins. Central part- glazed 4-panel door below 2-pane overlight in stone surround with raised edge; windows as before. Hipped roof. Studdah was once a village with its own chapel. Edmund Bogg, Richmondshire and the Vale of Mowbray, (1906), p 534.

Listing NGR: SE1446390811

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Bogg, E, Richmondshire and the Vale of Mowbray, (1906), 534

National Grid Reference: SE 14463 90811

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131471 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 09:35:41.

End of official listing