This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

RAW CROFT NEW FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: RAW CROFT NEW FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS

List entry Number: 1131537

Location

RAW CROFT NEW FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS, ARKENGARTHDALE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Reeth, Fremington and Healaugh

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Sep-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 322248

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH YORKSHIRE RICHMONDSHIRE 5339

NZ 00 SW REETH, FREMINGTON AND ARKENGARTHDALE ROAD HEALAUGH (east side, off)

10/163 Raw Croft New Farmhouse and attached Farm Buildings

- II

House and attached farm buildings. Datestone to right barn 1708. Datestone to house 1799. For Robert Hutchinson. Watershot stone and rubble, stone slate roofs. Central hallway entry house, 2 rooms in depth, flanked by barns, that to right probably formerly forming accommodation. House: 2 storeys, 2 first-floor windows. Board door in milled stone surround with H inscription on lintel: R J. 4-pane sashes in milled stone surrounds 1799 throughout. Gable coping, shaped kneelers, end stacks. Left barn: 2 storeys, one first-floor opening. Board door in wide blocked arch. First floor: board pitching door. 2 modern outshuts to front not of special interest. Right barn: 2 storeys, 3 first-floor openings. Board door to left in stone surround with depressed triangular head bearing inscription "H I M, with string course above. To right: wide blocked arch with C20 sliding 1708" door flanked by C20 fixed windows in blocked doorways. First floor: to left a single-light fixed window in chamfered stone surround. Pitching door and unglazed window opening to right. Gable coping and shaped kneeler to right.

Listing NGR: NZ0229801618

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 02298 01618

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131537 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 02:31:57.

End of official listing