CHURCH OF ST AGATHA

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131553

Date first listed: 06-Nov-1986

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST AGATHA, RICHMOND ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST AGATHA
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131553 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 00:21:48.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST AGATHA, RICHMOND ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Skeeby

National Grid Reference: NZ 20106 02611

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SKEEBY RICHMOND ROAD NZ 20 SW (south side)

5/127 Church of St Agatha -

GV II

Chapel of ease and school, now chapel of ease. Dated 1840. Rubble, Welsh slate roof. 4-bay nave and chancel in one, with lower range to south. Chapel of ease: plinth, quoins. West end: chamfered pointed-arched doorway, with lancet window above. Above that, plaque with date "MDCCCXL". Ashlar bellcote at apex of gable. North elevation, facing road: 4 chamfered lancet windows. Ashlar copings. East end: 3 lancet windows. South range, west elevation: matching door and lancet window. Ashlar coping and chimney to right end. Recorded as being built in 1839 as a school which also served as a chapel of ease in finite, History, Gazetteer and Directory of the East and North Ridings of Yorkshire (1840) p 643.

Listing NGR: NZ2010602611

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 322196

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Whites Directory' in History Gazetteer and Directory of the East and North Ridings of Yorkshire, (1840), 643

End of official listing