CHURCH OF ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131598

Date first listed: 04-Feb-1969

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PAUL, RICHMOND ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131598 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 01:21:47.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PAUL, RICHMOND ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Brompton-on-Swale

National Grid Reference: SE 21557 99685

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BROMPTON-ON-SWALE RICHMOND ROAD SE 2099-2199 (south side)

11/21 Church of St Paul

4.2.69

GV II

Chapel of ease and school, now chapel of ease. Dated 1838. Coursed watershot rubble with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roofs. 2-bay nave with west bellcote and north porch, 2-bay chancel with vestry to south. Quoins. North porch, between bays of nave, has hollow-chamfered pointed arch with date plaque above, kneelers and ashlar coping to gable. Nave: windows are 4-centred-arched with 2 segmental-arched lights with Perpendicular tracery above. Parapet with moulded coping and ashlar gable coping. Bellcote: ashlar, with Baroque-section coping. Chancel (to left of nave): 2-light pointed-arched windows with Y-tracery. Parapet and coping as nave. Gable cross to east end. East window of 2 trefoiled lights with Perpendicular tracery above. The nave was originally divided by a partition, and one portion used as a school until the erection of the school behind in 1872. Bulmer, History, Topography and Directory of North Yorkshire (1890), p 427.

Listing NGR: SE2155799685

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 322087

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Bulmer, T, History Topography and Directory of North Yorkshire, (1890), 427

End of official listing