CHURCH OF THE EPIPHANY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131643

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE EPIPHANY, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE EPIPHANY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131643 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 12:11:40.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE EPIPHANY, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Austwick

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SD 76709 68399

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

AUSTWICK THE GREEN SD 76 NE (south side) 8/18 Church of the Epiphany GV II Former lecture hall, now parish church. 1839 for Charles Ingleby, apsidal chancel added 1883. Slobbered rubble, stone dressings, slate roof. North porch. Nave, west baptistry and beir house, chancel and south vestry. Lancet style. Gabled north entrance porch, ashlar; pointed arch and hoodmould, diagonal buttresses; shaped kneelers, coping and cruciform finial. Tudor arched entrance, plank doors with strap hinges. 4 bay nave, lancet windows; hoodmoulds. Corbel table of 4 different corbels. Shaped kneelers, gable end copings; cruciform finial at east end, bellcote at west end with ball finial. Sexfoil window in west gable. West end of baptistry has 3-light window with trefoils in spandrels. Pentagonal chancel has 2-light lancet window with trefoil to each face; hipped roof. Interior: exposed king post roof. Consecrated 1841.



Listing NGR: SD7670968399

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324023

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing