BOUNDARY STONE (AT NGR SD 9502 5292)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131667

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: BOUNDARY STONE (AT NGR SD 9502 5292)

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOUNDARY STONE (AT NGR SD 9502 5292)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131667 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 02:41:04.

Location

Statutory Address: BOUNDARY STONE (AT NGR SD 9502 5292)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Broughton

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Stirton with Thorlby

National Grid Reference: SD9502152917

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 95 SE; 7/3

STIRTON WITH THORLBY, Boundary stone (at NGR SD 9502 5292)

II

Boundary stone, formerly dividing lands of Thomas, Earl of Thanet and Stephen Tempest of Broughton Hall (qv), now dividing Stirton with Thorlby and Broughton parishes. 1698, millstone grit rubble, c.70 cm high. Number 11 in original series of 41. Inscribed T (Thanet) on east side and ST (Stephen Tempest) on west side. Inscribed 11(?) on top. Source: Broughton Hall Archives, Box One, bundle 9: Boundary Rolls, Stirton with Thorlby and Broughton, 1698-1757.

This asset was previously listed twice. It was listed also under the parish of Broughton as List entry 1132327. This entry was removed from the List on 27/09/18.

Listing NGR: SD9502152917

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 323974

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing