COLLEGE FOLD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131674

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1958

Statutory Address: COLLEGE FOLD, 1-3, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of COLLEGE FOLD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131674 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 07:56:00.

Location

Statutory Address: COLLEGE FOLD, 1-3, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Rathmell

National Grid Reference: SD 80406 60032

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RATHMELL MAIN STREET SD 86 SW (west side) 4/15 Nos 1-3 (consecutive) 20.2.58 College Fold

GV II

Formerly Rathmell Academy, now 3 cottages. Dated 1686, with C19 and C20 alterations. For Richard Frankland (c1630-98). Slobbered rubble brought to course, stone dressings, slate roof. Formerly lobby entry plan. 2 storeys, 4 bays. 3 entrances all have plain surrounds and plank doors; left-hand entrance in C20 porch. 2 ground floor and 3 upper floor windows are 3-light stepped with chamfered mullions, casements and fixed lights. Central ground floor former 4 light chamfered mullioned, now 2 light; right hand bay has early C20 window per storey, C20 sashes with glazing bars. Right-hand gable end, right and left-hand ridge stacks. At rear is raised lintel inscribed: F 1686 (Richard & Elizabeth Frankland) and a single RE light chamfered window with basket arch to upper floor. Frankland founded the academy in 1670 as the first non-conformist college.

Listing NGR: SD8040660032

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 323890

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing