This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

WHARTONS FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: WHARTONS FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1131924

Location

WHARTONS FARMHOUSE, CHURCH ROW

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Melsonby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-May-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 323367

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MELSONBY CHURCH ROW NZ 1808-1908 (north side)

12/152 Wharton's Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. Mid C19. For the Duke of Northumberland. Coursed rubble sandstone with ashlar dressings, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 1:1:1 bays, irregular plan. Quoins. Mullion windows with hoodmoulds. Central 2-storey projecting gabled porch, quoined, and with panelled board door in double- chamfered basket-arched ashlar surround with hoodmould; 2-light window above, and light vent in coped gable; single-light window in left return of porch. Bays to left and right: 3-light windows. Moulded coping. Double octagonal ashlar end stacks. Rear: triple-roofed ranges, with stacks on outer gables. Single-storey range to rear left. Lower 2-storey range to rear right with Welsh slate roof. Fluted lead rainwater heads to rear and left sides. Said once to have been a public house known as "The End of All Things".

Listing NGR: NZ1990008509

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 19900 08509

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131924 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 02:04:41.

End of official listing