This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE KENNELS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE KENNELS

List entry Number: 1131965

Location

THE KENNELS, STANWICK LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Forcett and Carkin

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-May-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 323264

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FORCETT AND CARKIN STANWICK LANE NZ 1612-1712 (south side, off)

10/52 The Kennels

- II

Kennels, now house. Mid C19. Sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roofs. Single storey, U-shaped plan. West elevation: 3:3:3 bays. Central range: chamfered rusticated quoins. Central blocked round-arched doorway with raised ashlar surround, flanked by sash windows with raised ashlar surrounds. Above, blind oculi with ashlar surrounds, the central one larger. Shaped kneelers, ashlar coping. Ashlar octagonal end stacks. Side ranges lower, with chamfered rusticated quoins at outer corners. Central Diocletian windows with raised ashlar surrounds, flanked by sash windows with ashlar lintels. Hipped roofs to outer ends. Rear, central range: matching elevation but with C20 six-panel door in doorway. The central range formed accommodation for the groom, the outer wings housed the dogs, and have been altered and extended. The kennels belonged to Stanwick Park, and are among the interesting surviving buildings belonging to that estate, the main house of which has been demolished.

Listing NGR: NZ1783012108

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 32 North Yorkshire,

National Grid Reference: NZ 17830 12108

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131965 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2018 at 04:27:57.

End of official listing