This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST PETER

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST PETER

List entry Number: 1132129

Location

CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Rylstone

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 324832

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RYLSTONE CHURCH LANE SD 9658-9758 (north side) 15/78 Church of St. Peter 10.9.54 II Church. 1853 by E.G. Paley of Lancaster. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. 3-stage west tower, 4-bay nave and chancel in one, north and south aisles and south porch. In Gothic style. Tower: offset diagonal buttresses; stair to south-east; Perpendicular-style west windows of 3 lights with hoodmould to first stage, 2 lights to second, and to each side of third stage a C15 - C16 style flat-headed 3-light window with hoodmould; moulded crenellated parapet. Nave and chancel: Decorated-style porch, and 2-light side windows with hoodmoulds; clerestory windows as tower 3rd stage; 5-light Decorated style east window, Interior: porch side benches are supported by fragments of cusped window tracery; octagonal pillars to nave supporting double-chamfered arches; wide tower arch with corbelled inner order; plain chancel arch; contemporary pulpit and font. War memorial in chancel to Richard Waddilove Esquire of Rylstone who bequeathed £1000 towards the rebuilding of the church, d.1850; another Memorial to Abraham Maude, d. ?1876, who helped with the cost of rebuilding the church school, schoolhouse and rectory at Rylstone.

Listing NGR: SD9717358840

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 97173 58840

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132129 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 03:21:44.

End of official listing