THE COUNT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132148

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1982

Statutory Address: THE COUNT HOUSE, OLD MOOR LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE COUNT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132148 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 22:37:38.

Location

Statutory Address: THE COUNT HOUSE, OLD MOOR LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Grassington

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SE 01489 65863

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GRASSINGTON OLD MOOR LANE SE 06 NW (west side) Yarnbury 2/23 The Count House 23.3.82 GV II Former agents' office of Grassington Moor lead mines. Mid C19. Coursed hammer-dressed gritstone built in diminishing courses, roofless at time of resurvey. Single storey, 1 bay. Entrance on north side, right, with voussoirs to round arch and blocked fanlight. Left return (to road): 2- light window with flat-faced mullion and flush surround. Built of well- dressed stone; the masonry is similar to that at Yarnbury Lodge (q.v.) and probably dates from the period of high productivity at the mine which peaked in 1853 when the population of Grassington was over 1000. The Count House was probably the office where miners collected wages, the 2-light window probably unglazed and the building replacing the office inside Yarnbury House (q.v.)

Listing NGR: SE0148965863

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324776

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing