BUDDHIST SHRINE IN GARDEN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES TO EAST OF KILDWICK HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132172

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1989

Statutory Address: BUDDHIST SHRINE IN GARDEN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES TO EAST OF KILDWICK HALL, GRANGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BUDDHIST SHRINE IN GARDEN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES TO EAST OF KILDWICK HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132172 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 12:09:07.

Location

Statutory Address: BUDDHIST SHRINE IN GARDEN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES TO EAST OF KILDWICK HALL, GRANGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Kildwick

National Grid Reference: SE 01197 46284

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 04 NW KILDWICK GRANGE ROAD (north side, off)

1/9 Buddhist shrine in garden approximately 10 metres to east of Kildwick Hall.

GV II

Garden ornament. Probably late C18-C19. Grey sandstone. Approximately 1.2 metres high. Octagonal base and shaft surmounted by shrine with panels decorated with naturalistic carvings in relief, some pierced; petal-like cover and bulbous finial. One of 4 shrines possibly introduced with the garden layout by Frances Mary Richardson Currer who had the bay-windowed extension to the Hall built in 1858. She was the grand-daughter of Robert, 1st Lord Clive's sister, Frances Clive (d.1798), which suggests a possible family source for such ornaments.

Listing NGR: SE0119746284

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324736

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing