MANOR COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132194

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1954

Statutory Address: MANOR COTTAGE, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132194 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 17:59:37.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR COTTAGE, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Kettlewell with Starbotton

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SD 97064 72277

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 9672-9772 KETTLEWELL WITH STARBOTTON THE GREEN (south side) Kettlewell

21/99 Manor Cottage

10.9.54

GV II

House. Dated 1663 with probably mid C18 extension and reordering and C20 restoration. Limestone rubble, gritstone dressings, graduated stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays with outshut to rear of bay 1. Entrance is through the gable end, a C20 glazed door in plain surround, quoins to left between original house and outshut; restored sash windows. South front: left, a 16-pane C20 casement in reset recessed and chamfered surround; centre and right; two 4-light recessed and chamfered mullion windows to ground floor, the central mullion missing to left, under a continuous hoodmould. First floor: a 3-light recessed mullion window left, the mullions hollow chamfered; a 6-pane window in reset recessed and chamfered surround to right. Large rubble stack to left end, C20 stone stack right. Rear facade (to street): far left- paired 16-pane sashes, 9-pane sash above; a curved newel stair wall in the angle of the projecting bay, right, with a small recessed chamfered stair window and an inserted 6-pane window in sawn stone surround; the projecting bay has a 2-light recessed and chamfered mullion window to each floor, the lower window surround reusing C17 masonry. Interior: the dated lintel, "T 1663 S" removed to the east gable wall during restoration c1980, was originally in the west end of the north wall, overlain by the added outshut bay, probably a dairy and storage addition. The C17 stone newel stair remains, entered from the central living room.

Listing NGR: SD9706472277

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324685

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing