BRUNTSCAR HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132235

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1958

Date of most recent amendment: 23-Nov-1988

Statutory Address: BRUNTSCAR HALL FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRUNTSCAR HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132235 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 13:23:01.

Location

Statutory Address: BRUNTSCAR HALL FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Ingleton

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SD 73824 78957

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

INGLETON BRUNT SCAR SD 77 NW 6/4 Bruntscar Hall Farmhouse (formerly listed as 20.2.58 Bruntscar Old Hall) - II Farmhouse. 2 builds: mid C17, now derelict, and right-hand extension dated 1689, C18 and C20 alterations. Slobbered limestone rubble, stone dressings, stone slate roof. Left-hand mid-Cl7 house 2 storeys, 4 bays. Centre entrance has plain C18 surround, left-hand ground floor 4-light chamfered mullioned window with king mullion. To right of entrance is former entrance blocked in C18 to form a window, and right-hand former 2-light chamfered mullioned window, mullion now missing. Upper floor four 2-light chamfered mullioned windows, some with mullions now missing; no glazing. Left of centre ridge and former right-hand gable end ridge stack, now at junction with late-Cl7 house to right (qv). Interior contains basket arched fireplace with chamfered surround. Late C17 house: 2 storey, 4 bays. Projecting 2-storey gabled bay to right of centre. Entrance in right-hand return has reset decorated lintel with a badly weathered inscription which reputedly reads 1689 PP MP; c1980 plank door. 2 narrow chamfered staircase windows. Gable contains 2 C20 single light windows on ground floor and former 3-light chamfered mullioned window on upper floor, mullions now missing. To left are 2 C20 ground floor windows 2 upper floor windows: C20 on right and former 2-light chamfered mullion window on right, window heightened and mullion now missing. To right are 2 C20 ground floor windows and upper floor former 2-light chamfered mullioned windows, heightened and mullion now missing. C20 casements and sashes. Right of centre and corbelled right-hand gable end ridge stack. Interior not available for inspection.

Listing NGR: SD7382478957

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324584

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing