DINSDALES COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132316

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1958

Statutory Address: DINSDALES COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DINSDALES COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132316 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 15:18:32.

Location

Statutory Address: DINSDALES COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Stainforth

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SD 81352 67203

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STAINFORTH KNIGHT STAINFORTH SD 86 NW 2/19 Dinsdale's Cottage 20.2.58 GV II Farmhouse. Dated 1649 with C18 and later additions Slobbered rubble brought to course, stone dressings, stone slate roof. 2 storeys 3 bays. Entrance to left of centre has chamfered surround and stops. Tudor arched lintel dated with initials CD, (Christopher Dawson), C20 glazed door. 2 ground floor and 2 upper floor chamfered windows; all probably former cross windows with mullions and transoms cut out. Left-hand bay is an extension, and its ground floor window was lowered in C20 to form an entrance. Right-hand bay has a quirked and double-quirked bead moulded surround to window on both floors. All windows have C20 casements except a late C19 sash with glazing bars in the upper floor left-hand window. Ridge stack between central and right-hand bays, right-hand gable end and ridge stack. Right- hand return has projecting stack on 3 corbels with 3-light double chamfered window and hoodmould to its right. Two single-light chamfered windows one above the other on either side of the stack are all now blocked. Source: T Brayshaw and R M Robinson, A History of the Ancient Parish of Giggleswick (1932), p.115.

Listing NGR: SD8135267203

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324361

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Brayshaw, T, Robinson, R M , A History of the Ancient Parish of Giggleswick, (1932), 115

End of official listing