THE OLD MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132403

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1958

Statutory Address: THE OLD MANOR HOUSE, CHURCH AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132403 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 15:12:58.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD MANOR HOUSE, CHURCH AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Clapham cum Newby

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SD 74521 69200

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CLAPHAM-CUM-NEWBY CHURCH AVENUE SD 7496 (east side) 13/8 The Old Manor House 20.2.58 GV II Formerly manor house, now community centre. Dated 1701 with early C20 alterations. Strap-pointed rubble, stone dressings, stone slate roof. Gable end to street. 2 storeys, 5 bays with projecting 2-storey gabled entrance porch in third bay. Entrance has moulded surround, decorated dated lintel inscribed C W I and hoodmould with spiral stops; 6 panel door. C20 entrance in second bay. On ground floor 3- light chamfered window with ovolo mullions to first bay, and similar but 5-light window to right of main entrance. Both have dripstones. 4 similar 2-light windows to upper floor. Above entrance is a stepped 3-light chamfered window with ovolo mullion, decorated hoodmould with spiral stops. 4 rows of pigeon holes in gable, in triangular arrangement. Gable ridge has base to finial (now gone). Left-hand gable end ridge stack, massive projecting right-hand gable end ridge stack. Interior: massive inglenook fireplace with moulded impost blocks, 18 joggled voussoirs and decorated keystone inscribed 1701. Left and right-hand bread ovens.



Listing NGR: SD7452169200

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324156

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing