CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132420

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARGARET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132420 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 08:03:15.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Bentham

National Grid Reference: SD 66875 68868

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BENTHAM STATION ROAD, High Bentham SD 66 NE (east side) 6/34 Church of St Margaret - II Parish church. 1837 in Lancet style of George Webster (1797-1864), extended 1902. Rockfaced stone, stone dressings, slate roof. Nave, west tower, chancel, north vestry and south side chapel. Four-bay nave has four 2-light lancet windows with hoodmoulds and pendant stops; buttresses, embattled parapet. 3 stage tower contains west entrance with four-centred head, chamfered surround and hoodmould with carved heads. Middle stage has stepped tripartite window. Two-light to bell stage with hoodmould and pendant stops. Octagonal angle turrets and embattled parapet. Two-bay chancel, north vestry and south side chapel all of 1902. Two 2-light windows with trefoil heads to north and south with hoodmoulds. East end of side chapel has 3-light window with trefoil heads and rose window above. East window of chancel has 4 lights and trefoil plate tracery. Open king-post roof with scissor braces.



Listing NGR: SD6687568868

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324100

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing