THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132453

Date first listed: 23-May-1977

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, CROSS HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132453 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 18:59:25.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, CROSS HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Selby (District Authority)

Parish: Brotherton

National Grid Reference: SE 48106 25923

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BROTHERTON CROSS HILL SE 42 NE (west side) 3/8 The Manor House 23.5.77 II House. C18 with earlier origins and later additions and alterations. Magnesian limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and brick dressings, stone slate roof and brick stacks. Outshut to rear. 2 storeys, 6 bays. Rounded angle to ground floor at right. Entrance, a 4-panel door under overlight with glazing bars beneath C20 wooden porch of no particular interest. To sixth bay a further 4-panel door under divided overlight. Sashes with glazing bars throughout, all with ashlar sills. Some have ashlar quoined surround, some brick. All openings under lintels. Kneelers and coping to gable end, 2 ridge stacks. In left gable a blocked opening contains headless statue, thought to be of God the Father, removed from previous parish church during C19. Interior: open well oak staircase with vase balusters, ball finials to newels and scroll at base. Some original 12-panel doors in panelled surrounds. Some exposed ceiling beams. Forrest, C, The History and Antiquity of Knottingley, 1871, pp 102-4.

Listing NGR: SE4810625923

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 326064

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Forrest, C, The History and Antiquity of Knottingley, (1871), 102-4

End of official listing