This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STATION HOUSES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STATION HOUSES

List entry Number: 1132524

Location

STATION HOUSES, 1A, 1B, 2 AND 3, OUSEGATE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Selby

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Selby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Nov-1980

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 325826

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OUSEGATE 1. -------- 5342 Nos 1A, 1B, 2 and 3 (Station Houses) SE 6132 SE 5/133

II

2. C18. Brown brick. Pitched slate roof. Coped gables. Two storeys. Four bays: flush-framed sashes with glazing bars. One flush-framed sash with glazing bars in east elevation. West elevation has two-storey canted bay: sashes with glazing bars. Rear wing has three flush-framed sashes on first floor, and one bipartite flush-framed sash on ground floor. South elevation has an arcade of three blind arches on ground floor. History: In the early C19 this house belonged to the Lords Petre, Lords of the Manor of Selby, and was occupied by Christopher Paver, their steward. Both he and the Petres were Catholics and the house was used as Selby's first Catholic Chapel until Hon ER Petre built a chapel in Gowthorpe in 1837. Paver was a shareholder in the Leeds and Selby Railway and, from 1837 to 1840, this house was used as a booking office. When the present station was built it became the offices of the railway company and subsequently the house of the agent of the York and North Midland Railway.

Listing NGR: SE6186332315

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 61863 32315

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132524 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 06:41:40.

End of official listing