FARMBUILDING AT PARK HILL FARM IMMEDIATELY TO WEST OF FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132705

Date first listed: 15-Oct-1986

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDING AT PARK HILL FARM IMMEDIATELY TO WEST OF FARMHOUSE, PARK HILL DRIVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMBUILDING AT PARK HILL FARM IMMEDIATELY TO WEST OF FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132705 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 21:13:42.

Location

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDING AT PARK HILL FARM IMMEDIATELY TO WEST OF FARMHOUSE, PARK HILL DRIVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Rotherham (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Firbeck

National Grid Reference: SK 56108 88060

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FIRBECK PARK HILL DRIVE SK58NE (west side) Farmbuilding at Park 3/26 Hill Farm immediately to west of farmhouse

II

Farmbuilding probably originally stables with part domestic use. Early C17. Rubble limestone, pantile roof. 2-storey elongated range. South side (away from farmhouse): Large quoins. Near-central passageway with basket arch has chamfered ashlar door surround on left with 3-light double-chamfered window under dripstone beyond, its mullions removed; 2 segmentally-arched window openings to far left. On right of passage are external steps built across an original quoined doorway, inserted doorway and casement on left of steps. 1st floor: doorway above steps, total of 4 inserted casements, those on left larger. Raised verges. Rear: passage entrance has wooden lintel; 2 intact 3-light double- chamfered mullioned windows to 1st-floor on right; ashlar surrounds to slit vents on left; other inserted openings. Left return: external steps to 1st- floor doorway. Interior: collared principal-rafter trusses, double purlins with windbraces. Most significant remaining building at Park Hill the centre of a major local estate. Originally occupied by the Sanderson family in the C17; by 1765 home of the St. Leger family, whose name is remembered in the famous horse race. Their house was demolished in 1935. C. Stocks, Firbeck and the Three Estates, 1979, pp 21-25.

Listing NGR: SK5610888060

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 335772

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Stocks, C , Firbeck and the Three Estates, (1979), 21-25

End of official listing