This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FARM BUILDING AT POT HOUSE FARM ADJOINING FARMHOUSE TO NORTH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FARM BUILDING AT POT HOUSE FARM ADJOINING FARMHOUSE TO NORTH

List entry Number: 1132805

Location

FARM BUILDING AT POT HOUSE FARM ADJOINING FARMHOUSE TO NORTH, POT HOUSE LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Sheffield

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Stocksbridge

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Jan-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 335502

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK29NE STOCKSBRIDGE POT HOUSE LANE (south-west side) Farm building at Pot 4/179 House Farm adjoining 15.1.85 farmhouse to north

GV II

Glass house now used as farmbuilding, Late C17, altered. Hammer-dressed gritstone, stone slate roof. Single range, 2 storeys. Farmyard side: to right a large blocked round arch with voussoirs, springing from ground level rises to eaves level, Beneath the arch: a part-blocked door to right, window to left and boarded pitching hole above, To right of arch a board door, to left 2 other doors in quoined surrounds with square pitching hole above. Rear: to left a large segmental archway with springers set on quoined reveals, the archway falls short of the eaves. To its left a blocked window with heavy square-faced surround. To right,the ruinous remains of an external kiln structure. The site of Bolsterstone Glasshouse known to have operated from the mid C17 under several ownerships. Converted to pot manufactory in mid C18 when former employees established the catcliffe Glass Works. Taller barn attached to left and house attached to front right corner not of special interest.

J. Kenworthy, The Early History of Stocksbridge and District: Bolsterstone Glass House, 1914, pp9-45

Listing NGR: SK2660698027

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Kenworthy, J, The Early History of Stocksbridge and District Bolsterstone Glass House, (1914), 9-45

National Grid Reference: SK 26606 98027

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132805 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 03:57:24.

End of official listing