HOYLES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132867

Date first listed: 08-Aug-1985

Statutory Address: HOYLES FARMHOUSE, BLINDSIDE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOYLES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132867 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 05:29:12.

Location

Statutory Address: HOYLES FARMHOUSE, BLINDSIDE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Sheffield (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Bradfield

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SK 23910 90496

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK29SW BRADFIELD BLINDSIDE LANE (west side)

8/14 Hoyles Farmhouse.

GV II

Wrongly shown on O.S. map as Upper Holes. Farmhouse. Dated 1620, 1636. Coursed squared gritstone, stone slate roof. L-shaped former baffle-entry plan with gabled crosswing to right projecting to rear. Later lean-to to rear of left side of crosswing. 2 storeys, 2 windows to first floor. Large quoins. Part-glazed door to left with stop-chamfered quoined reveals flat-pointed lintel dated and inscribed 'RAB BUILD THIS HOUSE' together with initials and other marks. To left of crosswing, an inserted door in plain ashlar surround. Cavetto-moulded mullion windows throughout, original vertical iron bars on all but opening lights. 5-light ground floor window to main range with 4-light window above. 4-light window to wing with 3-light window above. Moulded kneelers and gable copings. Corniced ashlar end stack to left. External lateral stack to right of crosswing has renewed shaft. Rear: crosswing gable apex has moulded plinth for 2 diagonal-set chimney shafts (both removed). Right return: door to right in chamfered quoined surround with arched lintel, 2-light and 3-light windows as front. Left return: cavetto-moulded mullion windows truncated by later outshut. Interior: position of former smokehood evidenced by spliced spine beam in left ground floor room.

Listing NGR: SK2391090496

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 335338

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing