This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

6 AND 8, MELBOURNE PLACE BD5

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 6 AND 8, MELBOURNE PLACE BD5

List entry Number: 1132955

Location

6 AND 8, MELBOURNE PLACE BD5

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Trident

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 336886

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 MELBOURNE PLACE BD5 (north side)

Nos 6 and 8 SE 1532 45/852

II GV

2. Circa 1840, would appear to have been built as a large villa and later subdivided. Two storeys, sandstone ashlar. Long 5 bay front with very shallow centre break of 3 windows. Hipped slate roof with corniced chimneys. Quoin pilasters, frieze, moulded cornice and blocking course broken forward over the pilasters and over the centre break, the blocking course being slightly heightened in each case. First floor sill band dies into quoin pilasters. Revealed sashes, with quoins down to sill band on first floor. The central first floor window blind with eared architrave surround. On the ground floor the outer windows are tripartite with flanking Tuscan pilasters and shallow leaf moulded consoles capping the dividers, deep entablatures with projecting cornices. Central entrance with 4 panel door and rectangular marginal glazed fanlight, flanked by Tuscan pilasters, entablature with projecting cornice and blocking course. Later side entrances. Nos 6 and 8 probably date from the late 1830s as one house.

Listing NGR: SE1588232499

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 15882 32499

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132955 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 03:42:58.

End of official listing