28A, MANOR ROW BD1

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132982

Date first listed: 24-Oct-1977

Statutory Address: 28A, MANOR ROW BD1

Map

Ordnance survey map of 28A, MANOR ROW BD1
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132982 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 00:25:00.

Location

Statutory Address: 28A, MANOR ROW BD1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 16223 33491

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 MANOR ROW BD1 (east side)

No 28A SE 1633 35/187 24.10.77 SE 1633 SN 36/187

II GV

2. Built in 1835 as the Salem Chapel, now used as a clinic. A boldly detailed Greek Revival design in ashlar sandstone. Two storey, 5 bay front with slight batter to quoin pilasters. Full width block modelled pediment and large plain acroteria. The central 3 bays break forward slightly below pediment. Tripartite entrance composition of side lights flanked by pilasters and engaged, partly fluted, Ionic columns to architrave surround doorway; deep entablature with pediment over. The flanking bays have windows in battered, eared, flat surrounds. Seven windows to side elevations in similar surrounds. The east gable end is similarly pedimented but with full height segmental bow for the apse of the front chapel.



Listing NGR: SE1622333491

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 336852

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing