This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

(LEGRAMS HOUSE), WITH ADJOINING BARN

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: (LEGRAMS HOUSE), WITH ADJOINING BARN

List entry Number: 1133046

Location

(LEGRAMS HOUSE), WITH ADJOINING BARN, 224, LEGRAMS LANE BD7

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 336723

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 LEGRAMS LANE BD7

No 224 (Legrams House), with adjoining barn SE 1432 44/721

II

2. A farmhouse and barn in same range of 1779. This original part later adapted circa 1860 as the service wing to a new main house. Recently further altered for use as restaurant. The 1779 range is of 2 storeys thin sandstone "brick". Stone slate roofs, saddlestone with kneelers to gable end of barn. Three bay symmetrical front to house proper. Central plain Venetian window with small vermiculated keystone. The outer windows, with squared surrounds, have had their mullions cut and replaced by wood casements and bows on the ground floor. Paired squared jamb doorways, one blocked. Barn has had restaurant windows inserted with small panes. Above the original barn archway is a dovecote panel with central round headed opening. Triangular dovecote panel to east gable end. The circa 1860 house is of 2 taller storeys, sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Chamfered quoins. Deep modillion bracketed eaves cornice. Two bays with eared architrave windows and segmental arched panels on first floor, pilastered canted bays on ground floor and engaged column porch with entablature.

Listing NGR: SE1408032515

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 14080 32515

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133046 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 09:10:15.

End of official listing