COACH HOUSE AND STABLES OF THE OLD DOLPHIN PUBLIC HOUSE (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY R J PATCHETT LIMITED)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133103

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: COACH HOUSE AND STABLES OF THE OLD DOLPHIN PUBLIC HOUSE (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY R J PATCHETT LIMITED), HIGHGATE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of COACH HOUSE AND STABLES OF THE OLD DOLPHIN PUBLIC HOUSE (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY R J PATCHETT LIMITED)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133103 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 01:42:30.

Location

Statutory Address: COACH HOUSE AND STABLES OF THE OLD DOLPHIN PUBLIC HOUSE (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY R J PATCHETT LIMITED), HIGHGATE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 11508 30515

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 HIGHGATE ROAD (north side) Clayton Heights/Old Dolphin BD13

Coach House and Stables of the Old Dolphin Public House (Premises occupied by R J Patchett Ltd) SE 1130 57/640

II GV

2. Circa 1790 coach house and stables built for the Old Dolphin coaching inn on the old Bradford-Halifax road. Thin, evenly coursed, sandstone "brick", rectangular block on 2-storeys. Symmetrical front with slight centre break having plain pediment containing a lunette. Stone slate roof with bracketed eaves. Two and three-light square mullion windows in squared surrounds and doorways and hatches with squared jambs, to flanking bays. The centre break has large coach house doors in semi-circular ashlar voussoir, archway with impost bands. The coach house is a well preserved example of its kind and unique in the Bradford area. When in coaching use it could accommodate up to 20 horses.

Listing NGR: SE1149230516

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 336584

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing