This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

634 AND 636, GREAT HORTON ROAD, 3, WESTCROFT ROAD

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 634 AND 636, GREAT HORTON ROAD, 3, WESTCROFT ROAD

List entry Number: 1133137

Location

3, WESTCROFT ROAD
634 AND 636, GREAT HORTON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Sep-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 336475

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 GREAT HORTON ROAD BD7 (north west side)

Nos 634 and 636 SE 1431 NW 5O/57 4.9.52

II

2. Includes No 3 Westcroft Road. Formerly known as Hall's House, built in 1697 by James Hall manufacturer and merchant. Divided into tenements in the C19. A two- storey symmetrically fronted house of evenly coursed sandstone "brick", some flush quoining to east corner. Stone slate roof, saddlestones and shaped kneelers of gritstone. Off centre chimney stacks on ridge. Weathered string between storeys. Three windows symmetrical about original centre doorway. Three light chamfered mullion windows, originally 6 light as intact one to left. The weathered storey is raised above the lintel of central entrance to form panel inscribed H over 16:IM:97. The doorway has moulded jambs and imposts. Above is an upright oval window out from one block. Oval window with panelled spandrels to east gable end. No 634. Rear has 2 light chamfered mullion windows and narrow round arched ground floor light. Still retains dry walled front garden.

Listing NGR: SE1422431623

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 14224 31623

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133137 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2018 at 06:40:56.

End of official listing