FEVERSHAM STREET FIRST SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1133162

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: FEVERSHAM STREET FIRST SCHOOL, FEVERSHAM STREET BD3

Map

Ordnance survey map of FEVERSHAM STREET FIRST SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133162 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 11:09:28.

Location

Statutory Address: FEVERSHAM STREET FIRST SCHOOL, FEVERSHAM STREET BD3

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SE1714532926

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details



1/47/514 FEVERSHAM STREET 09-AUG-83 FEVERSHAM STREET FIRST SCHOOL

II*



Board school. 1873, commissioned by the Bradford School Board (found in 1870) from Lockwood and Mawson. An expensive Gothic Revival style design with Early English details. Single-storey long rectangular plan, asymmetrical front. Sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Cross wing hall at north-east end. Two light mullioned windows to school rooms. Off centre group of gabled cross hall with paired 2 light plate tracery windows, flanked by elaborate small scale tower porch with colonetted and spired lantern rising on octagonal shaft from broached base, to left hand pinnacled buttress to right with gabled porch abutting. Steep pitched slate roofs. Finials to gable ends. This school later (1876) became the first mixed Higher Elementary Board School in England.

Listing NGR: SE1714532926

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 336441

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing