4, CURRER STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133206

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: 4, CURRER STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 4, CURRER STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133206 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 20:28:23.

Location

Statutory Address: 4, CURRER STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SE1674533157

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 1633 SE 37/441 5111

CURRER STREET BD1 (south side) No 4

GV II

Part of the same block as the Law Russell home trade warehouse at 63 Vicar Lane. Part of the precinct known as "Little Germany". No 4 is one of Eli Milnes's large warehouse cum office palazzo designs built in 1860 and extended 1867, with fronts to Field Street and Vicar Lane. Four-storeys and 3-storeys and basement due to sloping site. Dressed sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Bowed inset corner with Field Street. Rusticated quoin pilasters. Vermiculated courses to ground floor - basement rustication, but plain to Field Street. Plat bands, bracketed sill bands, bed mould to frieze with fielded panels and modillion brackets to projecting moulded eaves cornice. Round arched first floor windows in eared flat surrounds, apron panels flanked by consoles. Radial glazing bars intact to Field Street and Vicar Lane. The entrance is set on corner with Field Street: deeply vermiculated surround; plain ashlar impost band carried in over doorhead; semi-circular fanlight, alternately vermiculated voussoirs to arch and carved spandrels. Tripartite windows above doorway, that on first floor with segmental pediment on consoles. Warehouse waggon archway with ornate iron gates at end of Field Street elevation.

Listing NGR: SE1674533157

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 336351

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing