CERAMIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133256

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: CERAMIC HOUSE, BROW LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CERAMIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133256 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 05:12:56.

Location

Statutory Address: CERAMIC HOUSE, BROW LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Clayton

National Grid Reference: SE 10836 31174

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 BROW LANE Clayton/Yews Green BD14

Ceramic House SE 1031 48/311

II

2. Circa 1880-90 lodge to the Towers and part of the Whitehead family's Clayton Fireclay Works estate. As with the Tower itself, the lodge was built as an advertisement for the firm's wares. The lodge is raised on a terrace with a cast iron balustrade of French inspired design. The elevations of 2-storeys, are of salt glazed fireclay bricks, bull's blood red in colour, with white and blue enamelled birds set in diamond patterns. Leaf patterned fireclay plat band and eaves band. Tiled gable end roof of low pitch. The 4 window front is in 2 parts with the left hand recessed. The sash windows are coupled on the ground floor. The lintels have fireclay plaques decorated with amorini and there are similarly decorated circular plaques to the corners of the window heads.

Listing NGR: SE1083631174

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 336185

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing