This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LANE HEAD HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LANE HEAD HOUSE

List entry Number: 1133323

Location

LANE HEAD HOUSE, APPERLEY LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 336060

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 APPERLEY LANE Rawdon

Lane Head House SE 23 NW 6/634

II GV

2. Probably built as the steward's house for Esholt Estate, circa 1710-20. A fine substantial house of 3 storeys regularly coursed grit stone with a 5 bay south front. Extended circa 1800 and with 1911 rebuilding of west front. Apparently originally of 2 storeys heightened mid C18. Chamfered quoins to ground and first floors, quoin pilasters to top floor. Moulded sill courses and deeply moulded modillion bracket eaves cornice. Hipped stone slate roof. Tall cavetto corniced chimneys. Tall windows to ground and first floors with architrave surrounds and central doorway of similar proportions in same surround with cornice. The top floor has square windows in architraves, the central one with scrolled head and keystone and shallow apron carried down to sill course. Late C18 glazing bar sashes. The east return is of 2 original bays with circa 1800 extension with large square surround windows, glazing altered. Modern ground floor extension. The extension has been altered in conversion to flats. The design of the south front relates to Esholt Hall itself and possibly the same person, Joseph Pope of Farnley, was involved.

Listing NGR: SE2022239602

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 20222 39602

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133323 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 05:50:30.

End of official listing