MANOR FARMHOUSE AND MANOR FARM BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133364

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE AND MANOR FARM BARN, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE AND MANOR FARM BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133364 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 04:55:57.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE AND MANOR FARM BARN, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 11622 36915

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE13NW BINGLEY MAIN STREET SE116368 (north side) Cottingley

6/118 Manor Farmhouse and Manor Farm barn

II

House, now in 2 occupations and attached barn. House dated 1666 partly rebuilt c1782 when barn was added. Hammer-dressed stone, dressed quoins, stone slate roofs. House, to left, 2 storeys. 2-cell central through-passage plan with rear kitchen wing. Central doorway has composite jambs and chamfered surround with 1666 lintel dated. Other inserted door to right has monolithic jambs. All are double-chamfered mullioned windows with king-mullion. lst-cell has 6-light window to each floor. 2nd-cell has 3-light window with 6-light above. Set under eaves above door is carved stone with the double-cross of the Knights Templars with datestone set above initialled and dated " B. F. 1782 ". coped gables with kneelers. One central cl7 ridge stack, another to right gable added probably in rebuild of 1782. Rear has 2 bays of windows of 3 lights and 2 lights to each floor and doorway with tie-stone jambs. Attached at right angles is rear wing with (4-light window and 3-light above. Stack at junction of the 2 ranges.

Interior: housebody has stop-chamfered scarf-jointed spine beams, evidence of former bressumer. Rear kitchen has stop-chamfered spine beams and floor joists with ogee stops; large fireplace with monolithic jambs and stop-chamfered surrounds. Late Cl8 queen-post roof with collar surmounted by fish-bone king-post.

Listing NGR: SE1162236915

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 337969

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing