BAILDON MORAVIAN CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133400

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1982

Statutory Address: BAILDON MORAVIAN CHURCH, BROWGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BAILDON MORAVIAN CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133400 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 14:51:30.

Location

Statutory Address: BAILDON MORAVIAN CHURCH, BROWGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Baildon

National Grid Reference: SE 15446 39599

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE1539NW BAILDON BROWGATE (west side)

10/4 Baildon Moravian 30.4.82 (4/15) Church

GV II

Moravian Church. c1868 by Samuel Jackson (Bradford). Dressed stone, Welsh blue-slate roof. Simple Gothic Revival style. The north gable has main entrance with pointed-arched doorway with inner chamfered jambs with cusped lintel. This is flanked by cusped lancets. Above doorway are a pair of plate tracery 2-light windows with trefoils to heads, flush with relieving arches in gable which is coped with kneelers and surmounted by bellcote. Return walls have 4 bays of 2-light cusped windows with trefoils; corbelled gutter brackets. Steeply-pitched roof with 4 gabled vents with pierced work to arches of louvres.

Interior: not inspected.

Particularly prominent hill top site with terraced approach. Replaces a church of 1806. W. P. Baildon, Baildon and the Baildons, (1913) Vol I, p31. D. Linstrum, West Yorkshire Architects and Architecture, (1978) p379.

Listing NGR: SE1544639599

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 337855

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Baildon, W P , Baildon and the Baildons, (1913), 31
Linstrum, D, West Yorkshire Architects and Architecture, (1978), 379

End of official listing