WESTCLIFFE ROAD METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133529

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1982

Statutory Address: WESTCLIFFE ROAD METHODIST CHAPEL, WESTCLIFFE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WESTCLIFFE ROAD METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133529 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 20:56:42.

Location

Statutory Address: WESTCLIFFE ROAD METHODIST CHAPEL, WESTCLIFFE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 14545 37220

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 13 NW SHIPLEY WESTCLIFFE ROAD (north side) Shipley

2/159 Westcliffe Road 30th April 1982 Methodist Chapel

II

Methodist chapel and former manse, now school rooms. Dated 1875, recently altered. Hammer-dressed stone. Welsh slate roof. Two storeys with 3-storey former manse at rear. 3-bay pediment gabled front. Central round-arched and keyed doorway. Square-headed window to each side with raised sill and very shallow block pediments on small, shaped brackets. Round-arched windows to 1st floor, paired to centre, all archivolted and keyed and on sill band. Recent casements with glazing bars. Medallion in tympanum reads, in raised letters: "WESTCLIFFE ROAD CHAPEL 1875". Left and right side elevations are of 6 bays with 5 bays of square-headed ground-floor windows and round-arched lst-floor windows, the 6th bay forming the manse and being surmounted by a pediment. The door to the manse is on the left elevation. Recent casements with glazing bars.

Interior totally refurbished c1979.

Listing NGR: SE1454537220

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 337564

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing