NUMBERS 50-64 INCLUDING RAILINGS AND PIERS TO BINGLEY ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133561

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1966

Statutory Address: NUMBERS 50-64 INCLUDING RAILINGS AND PIERS TO BINGLEY ROAD, 50-64, VICTORIA ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBERS 50-64 INCLUDING RAILINGS AND PIERS TO BINGLEY ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133561 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 22:04:10.

Location

Statutory Address: NUMBERS 50-64 INCLUDING RAILINGS AND PIERS TO BINGLEY ROAD, 50-64, VICTORIA ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 13899 37687

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 1337 NE SHIPLEY VICTORIA ROAD (east side) Saltaire

9/134 Nos 50-64 (consec.) 22/11/66 including railings and piers to Bingley Road

GV II

Almshouses. Dated 1868. By Lockwood and Mawson for Titus Salt. Pitch-faced stone. Welsh slate roof. One and two storeys. An ordered and near-symmetrical Italianate-style facade of 14 houses, consisting of alternate gabled bays and entrance bays. The central 3-bay block has gabled left and right bays with enriched tympana, each with a roundel with 'T.S.' to left and ' C. S.' to right. Central square bell-turret with enriched pedimented top is inscribed ' OPENED / SEPTEMBER / 1868 '. Paired entrances, with 4-panel doors, in open porches with central colonnettes. Paired round-arched sash windows with central colonnettes, some with decorative friezes. Bracketed eaves and gables. Tall stacks with cornices. Right return (Nos 50 and 51) is similar, and of 3 bays with a projecting gabled wing to right.

Attached to right is dwarf wall with 2 square ashlar piers with decorative caps, and cast-iron square-section railings.

Part of Saltaire model village.

Listing NGR: SE1389937687

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 337538

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Reynolds, J, The Great Paternalist, (1983)

End of official listing