This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HAZEL HURST HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HAZEL HURST HOUSE

List entry Number: 1133585

Location

HAZEL HURST HOUSE, 2, HAZEL HURST ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 07-Mar-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 337400

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE02NE QUEENSBURY HAZEL HURST ROAD (west side), Ambler Thorn

6/26 No 2 (Hazel Hurst House)

II

Part of former hall, now single dwelling. Dated 1724. For Timothy and Elizabeth Ramsden. Hammer-dressed stone. Ashlar fronted porch. Stone slate roofs. Two storeys. Quoins to right. Open, two-storey gabled porch to left with moulded copings on cut kneelers. Entrance has cambered head and moulded surround. Internal stone seat to left and right. To first floor of porch is single light with blind light above. Kneelers are inscribed:

R T E (to left) and '1724' (in sunken panel to right).

First-floor band continues across single bay to right which has a single-light window in raised surround to each floor. Formerly these had a mullion and transom, now recent casements. Rendered left gable where centre part of the hall was demolished.

Hazel Hurst House existed in the C16. Timothy Ramsden, woolstapler, rebuilt it in 1724.

Interior not inspected.

J. Parker, Illustrated Rambles from Hipperholm to Tong, 1904.

Listing NGR: SE0969629367

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Parker, J , Illustrated Rambles from Hipperholm to Tong, (1904)

National Grid Reference: SE0969629367

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133585 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 02:52:17.

End of official listing