DENHOLME CLOUGH METHODIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133612

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1982

Statutory Address: DENHOLME CLOUGH METHODIST CHURCH, HALIFAX ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DENHOLME CLOUGH METHODIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133612 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 13:19:20.

Location

Statutory Address: DENHOLME CLOUGH METHODIST CHURCH, HALIFAX ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Denholme

National Grid Reference: SE 07083 32479

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE03SE DENHOlME U. D. HALIFAX ROAD (west side), Denholme Gate

4/7 Denholme Clough 30th April 1982 Methodist Church

II

Methodist Church, built as Primitive Methodist chapel in 1834. Hammer-dressed stone with ashlar dressings. Stone slate roof. Two storeys. Symmetrical three-bay facade with round-arched windows with keystone, frosted glass and coloured marginal glazing. Two doorways flank the centre light, with semicircular fanlights and keystone. Altered doors. Central plaque at high level reads:

PRIMITIVE Methodist Chapel built 1834

Gable copings on springers. The gable ends have two round-arched windows to each floor. At rear is two storey addition in keeping.

Interior said to have horseshoe gallery on plain iron columns, refronted contemporary with the installation of the pulpit and table in the early 1870s. The pews, however, are original, boxed and panelled with ramped sides.

Listing NGR: SE0708332479

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 337381

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing