This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

DENHOLME UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DENHOLME UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

List entry Number: 1133614

Location

DENHOLME UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, KEIGHLEY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Denholme

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1982

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Mar-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 337384

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE03SE DENHOLME U. D. KEIGHLEY ROAD (west side)

4/10 Denholme United 30th April 1982 Reformed Church (formerly listed under Main Road)

GV II

United Reformed Chapel. Built 1844, enlarged 1896. Deeply-coursed, dressed sandstone with ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof. Two storeys. Three-bay symmetrical pediment-gable front with pilaster quoins. Three steps lead to two doorways, in ashlar porch, with simple pilaster jambs supporting entablature. Plain flanking windows. Central 1st-floor triple group with marginal glazing, and flanking single lights, all round-arched and archivolted. First-floor sill band. Plaque reads:

INDEPENDENT CHAPEL BUILT 1844 ENLARGED 1896

Oculus in tympanum of pediment. Six-bay side elevations have square- headed ground-floor windows and round-arched lst-floor windows. Marginal glazing to right elevation.

Good interior with pine fittings probably relating to 1896 date. Oval gallery, on slender Corinthian columns, with panelled front and dentilled frieze. Panelled pulpit with stair to each side. Organ within round- arched recess at front at gallery level. Gallery reached by stair to each side at rear. Lowered ceiling.

Listing NGR: SE0699234443

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 06992 34443

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133614 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 05:53:30.

End of official listing