CHURCH OF ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133732

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PAUL, ST PAUL'S AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133732 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 04:34:41.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PAUL, ST PAUL'S AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 14728 29730

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 ST PAUL'S AVENUE Buttershaw

Church of St Paul SE 1429 63/1012

II GV

2. A simple lancet Gothic church with shallow transepts but no aisles, west tower with octagonal spire. Built in 1838, architect Walker Rawstons. Paid for by John Hardy, associated with the Low Moor Iron Company. Sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Tall lancets, stepped triple group to transepts. Clasping buttresses to tower which has ogee arched doorway at base. Plain interior with gallery.

Listing NGR: SE1472829730

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 337082

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing