LOW BENTLEY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133766

Date first listed: 01-Nov-1956

Date of most recent amendment: 02-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: LOW BENTLEY FARMHOUSE, GREEN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOW BENTLEY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133766 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 10:16:34.

Location

Statutory Address: LOW BENTLEY FARMHOUSE, GREEN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Calderdale (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 13116 28372

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHELF GREEN LANE SE 12 NW (west side) 1/93 Low Bentley Farmhouse (formerly listed as Low Bentley, including that 1. 11. 56 part used as a cottage) G. V. II

House, dated 1600. Hall and cross-wing with added rear kitchen wing. Hammer- dressed stone, stone slate roof. Double gabled frontage completely re-built in 1970's retaining some original details. Cross-wing flush with hall. All are double chamfered mullioned windows. Cross-wing has 10-light mullioned and transomed window with same over. Hall has large 14-light window with 3-light over; all have hoodmoulds with straight returns. Coped gables with kneelers and finials, lateral hall stack. Right hand return wall has side entrance with moulded composite jambs and one original stop and 4-centred arched lintel with carved spandrels with shields bearing the initials 'WC' and 'JC'. The top of the lintel bears the date. String course runs over and round kitchen wing which has double chamfered mullioned windows of 2 lights. Gable has quoins and double chamfered mullioned window of 6 lights with king mullion, with 10-light mullioned and transomed window over.

Interior: Open hall with original gallery with panelling carved with lunettes. Stair retains original balusters. Some original arch-headed doors survive as do board and muntin partitions to right hand cross-wing.

Listing NGR: SE1311628372

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 338971

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing