BOTTOM HALL FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BOTTOM HALL COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133825

Date first listed: 02-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: BOTTOM HALL FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BOTTOM HALL COTTAGE, TILL CARR LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOTTOM HALL FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BOTTOM HALL COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133825 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 20:50:14.

Location

Statutory Address: BOTTOM HALL FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BOTTOM HALL COTTAGE, TILL CARR LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Calderdale (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 14075 25690

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRIGHOUSE TILL CARR LANE SE 12 NW 1/172 Bottom Hall Farmhouse and attached Bottom Hall Cottage

II

House in 2 occupations. House with single aisle probably of late C17. Attached to left hand is a pair of late C18 cottages in hammer-dressed stone, earlier building rendered but with some ashlar quoins visible to rear, stone slate roof. 2-storey cottages have paired doorways with monolithic jambs with 3-light flat faced mullioned window to either side. 1st floor has two 2-light and one 3- light window. Gutter brackets widely spaced. Stack to each gable. At a lower ridge level is earlier building which has entirely modern doorways and windows, low sweeping roof has one stack to ridge. Rear preserves slightly recessed flat faced mullioned windows of 4 lights to each floor and of 2 lights to 1st floor of cottage which has single storey lean-to extension. Was used as the Township Workhouse until the Poor-Law Act of 1834. G. Hepworth, Brighouse, its scenery and antiquities, (Halifax 1885) p.20. D. Nortcliffe, Buildings of Brighouse, (Brighouse 1978), p. 14.

Listing NGR: SE1407525690

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 338910

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hepworth, G, Brighouse its Scenery and Antiquities, (1885), 20
Nortcliffe, D, Buildings of Brighouse, (1978), 14

End of official listing