This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HARLEY HEAD FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HARLEY HEAD FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1133840

Location

HARLEY HEAD FARMHOUSE, 206 -216, HALIFAX ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Calderdale

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 02-Dec-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 338838

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 12 SW 3/104

BRIGHOUSE HALIFAX ROAD (OFF)

Nos. 206 to 21..6 (even) (Harley Head Farmhouse)

II

Row of cottages formerly an early C18 house of L shape to which was added 4 more bays to the left hand end in the late C18 or early C19. Thin coursed rubble stone, white washed, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Original house of hall and cross-wing plan. Cross-wing hipped to south gabled to north. South front of original house of 3 bays each retaining chamfered mullioned windows with square reveals of 3 large lights the centre of which is sashed. 2 inserted doorways with thin monolithic jambs. Over all is long hoodmould partly mutilated by inserted doorways. 1st floor has one similar window and other sashed windows. One stack to left hand gable, one other at junction of 2nd and 3rd bays. Right hand return wall has 2-light similar window to 1st floor. Rear has single storey outshot flush with cross-wing which retains chamfered mullioned windows with square reveals now of 3 large lights with hoodmoulds to both floors. This elevation is rendered. One other similar window to aisle. Attached with lower roofline are 3 bays which retain flat faced mullioned windows of 3 lights to each bay. One stack to ridge. During the period 1839 to 1887 the Brighouse Council offices were housed here, prior to the construction of the municipal offices in the Town Hall in Brighouse (q.v.) in 1887.

Listing NGR: SE1293924656

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE1293924656

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133840 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 04:33:43.

End of official listing