Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1134019

Date first listed: 04-Dec-1986



Ordnance survey map of HAWORTH STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1134019 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 22:26:50.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury

National Grid Reference: SE 03473 37220


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


KEIGHLEY STATION ROAD SE 0237 and SE 0337 (west side) 21/263 Haworth

Haworth Station - II

Station. 1867 and 1883. Coursed stone, graduated grey slate roof. Single storey, 4 bays, bays 3 and 4 later, bays 1 and 3 gabled and breaking forward. Bays 1 and 2 have plinth and round-arched openings with moulded archivolts with keystones and impost blocks. Doorway in centre of bay 2 has panelled double- doors, and is flanked by 4-pane sashes in recesses. Moulded impost band. Wrought-iron lamp bracket above, left of door. To left, in bay 1, a 2-light window with 4-paned sashes and corbelled cill. Dentilled cornice. Corniced end stack to left. Bays 3 and 4 have fixed-light windows with glazing bars and chamfered cills and lintels. Bay 3: tall, central, round-arched window with voussoirs flanked by shorter, flat-arched windows, stepped raised band to gable eaves. Corbelled barge board. Bay 4: 4 windows. Raised eaves band. Overhang- ing roof. Adjoining station on left is lower C20 toilet block, not of special interest. Platform elevation: as front, but with door to right giving access to 'Ladies Room'. 3 gas lights hang from station. To left of station, attached by lower block, is Porter's room, late C19, with 4-panel door on left and 6-pane window on right with chamfered cill and lintels. On the platform are 5 gas lamps. The Worth Valley Railway was opened in 1867.

Listing NGR: SE0347337220


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 338366

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing