This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

EAST MORTON CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH INCLUDING SUNDAY SCHOOL ADJOINING TO REAR

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: EAST MORTON CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH INCLUDING SUNDAY SCHOOL ADJOINING TO REAR

List entry Number: 1134090

Location

EAST MORTON CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH INCLUDING SUNDAY SCHOOL ADJOINING TO REAR, MAIN ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Keighley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 338253

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KEIGHLEY MAIN ROAD SE 04 SE (south side) 5/298 East Morton

East Morton Congregational 30.4.82 Church including Sunday School adjoining to rear

- II

Congregational Church and adjoining Sunday school. Date 1845. Coursed sandstone, chapel with ashlar dressings. Stone slate roof. Set back from road and raised on terrace. Single storey. 5 bays, centre 3 breaking forward slightly with channelled quoin piers. Plinth, rusticated quoins. Frieze and moulded cornice, pediment over centre. Windows in shallow reveals carried down to plinth with apron below cills. Central pilastered door with entablature. Round-headed side windows. Pediment contains plaque inscribed 'Bethel 1845'. Plain Sunday School wing to rear.

Listing NGR: SE0978841890

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 09788 41890

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1134090 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 10:11:18.

End of official listing