TURKEY MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1134099

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1975

Statutory Address: TURKEY MILL, GOOSE EYE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TURKEY MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1134099 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 09:30:32.

Location

Statutory Address: TURKEY MILL, GOOSE EYE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Keighley

National Grid Reference: SE 02944 40604

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KEIGHLEY GOOSE EYE SE 0240 and SE 0340 (east side) 16/71 Turkey Mill 15.12.75

GV II

Cotton spinning mill, now discotheque. 1797, enlarged early and later C19. Grit- stone, stone slate roof. H-shaped range. Right range: 3 storeys, 6 bays. Round- headed wheel arch and 2 lunettes (one now door) to ground floor. Square windows with stone cills and lintels above. A taking-in door with interrupted jambs to 1st and 2nd floors. A mid C19 octagonal chimney reduced in height. Main range: 2 storeys, with 3rd storey added early C19. 13 bays. Central, quoined, round- arched entrance and blocked windows to ground floor. 1st floor: small square openings with stone cills and lintels; date plaque to left of centre inscribed 'John Town 1822'. 2nd floor: bays recessed and defined by pilasters; taller windows. Plain gutter brackets. Shaped kneelers, coping. Bellcote to left gable. Range to left, at right angles, in state of disrepair and collapse at time of resurvey. Free-standing 2-storey, 2 x 1 bay block to left. Water-powered mill bought in 1822 by John Town who enlarged it as a paper mill and adapted it to steam.

Listing NGR: SE0294440604

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 338167

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing