This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HAIGH HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HAIGH HALL

List entry Number: 1134600

Location

9 AND 11, DICKINSON FOLD
HAIGH HALL, HALIFAX ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Kirklees

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 341019

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 12 SE SPENBOROUGH MB HALIFAX ROAD (south side) HIGHTOWN 3/112 Haigh Hall including 12.1.67 Nos. 9 & 11 Dickinson Fold

II

Large 3-gabled house, now divided. Late C.17 with late C.18 addition to rear. Altered. Rendered walls. Stone slate roof with chamfered gable copings. Some stone spouts. Two storeys with continuous drip mouldings over ground and 1st floor windows. Three gabled facade each gable having blind round arched light with drip mould in apex and 5-light double chamfered window to 1st floor. The 2 left gables each have 3-light C.19 window, with centre sash, to ground floor. Between them is main doorway with moulded surround and ogee arched lintel. The right gable has recent patio door. To the rear of the right gable is late C.18 gabled 2 storey addition (No. 11), to the right of which is C.19 addition and recent garage which are not included in the item. Interior said to incorporate timber framing from an earlier house on the site.

The house was built by Thomas Green (1654-1714), who was an eminent Quaker in the district and Quaker meetings were held in an adjacent barn in the latter years of the C.17.

David Blamires, A History of Quakerism in Liversedge & Scholes, c.1974.

Listing NGR: SE1985623824

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Blamires, D, A History of Quakerism in Liversedge and Scholes, (1974)

National Grid Reference: SE 19856 23824

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1134600 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 04:48:47.

End of official listing