This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NUMBERS 54 AND ATTACHED BARN, 56, 58 AND 60

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NUMBERS 54 AND ATTACHED BARN, 56, 58 AND 60

List entry Number: 1134652

Location

NUMBERS 54 AND ATTACHED BARN, 56, 58 AND 60, 54-60, COLDERS LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Kirklees

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Meltham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Jan-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 340842

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 01 SE COLDERS LANE (Meltham) 1/6 Nos. 54 and attached barn, 56, 58 and 60 II

Farm terrace. Nos. 58 and 60 are dated 1764, No. 56 probably of same date, barn possibly slightly later. No. 54 mid C19. Hammer dressed stone with quoins to earlier buildings. Tiled roof to Nos. 60 and 56, stone slate roofs to rest, Nos. 54 and 58 being bitumen covered. 2 storeys. Nos. 58 and 60 are handed with entrance to left and right with deep lintel that to No. 60 being slightly arched. One 4-light window to ground floor, and one 6-light to lst floor, of each dwelling, all with recessed mullions. Central plaque reads: B I M 1764 No. 56 is the same but 2 mullions have been removed from 1st floor window. The barn has large central doorway and part blocked small doorway. No. 54 has entrance and 4-light window to ground floor, with 2 mullions removed, and further altered window. To 1st floor are two 3-light windows.

Listing NGR: SE0970410554

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 09704 10554

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1134652 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 03:34:50.

End of official listing