ST PETER'S PARISH CENTRE INCLUDING THE COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1134708

Date first listed: 03-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: ST PETER'S PARISH CENTRE INCLUDING THE COTTAGE, NEW STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST PETER'S PARISH CENTRE INCLUDING THE COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1134708 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 21:42:45.

Location

Statutory Address: ST PETER'S PARISH CENTRE INCLUDING THE COTTAGE, NEW STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Kirklees (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 25669 21289

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DEWSBURY CB NEW STREET SE 22 SE (Earlsheaton)

3/79 St. Peter's Parish Centre, including The Cottage

II

Former Church of England School, recently converted to Parish Centre incorporating Church of St. Peter. Dated 1845. Hammer dressed stone. Stone slate roof, tiled to left, with gable copings on moulded kneelers, and with spear finials at apexes. Two-storey cottage, the rest single storey. The cottage is of 3 bays of 2-light windows with central door with Tudor arched head, all with hood moulds. Later single storey addition, in keeping, to left. The cottage projects in front of the main building which consists of a long range terminating in a projecting wing to the right. Main windows are mullioned and transomed and square headed, mainly of 6-lights, some of 8-lights. 3 lancets on right gable. 10 mullioned and transomed windows all with hood moulds along near elevation with two near central doorways with Tudor heads and 2-light fanlights. A plaque at front reads CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOLS ERECTED AD 1845.

The recent church contains pews from the old Church of St. Peter by Thomas Taylor. Most ceilings have been lowered but broad queen-post trusses can be seen. 3-tier wooden and glass panelled partitioning between classrooms still present.

Listing NGR: SE2566921289

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 340766

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing